The Grace App
The Grace App is a mobile app designed to prevent suicide on college campuses by providing students a platform to both give and receive support and affirmations, as well as access mental health resources.
The Grace App will:
- Enable students to get immediate chat-based support from fellow students.
- Allow students to send positive notes and affirmations that can be saved and reviewed on-demand, what we call the “happy folder”.
- Provide the student’s GPS location and dorm room to aid in faster response in times of urgency.
- Connect students that are dealing with similar life challenges with the hope of creating in-person connections.
- Educate students about mental health and suicide awareness, so that they can help themselves and other students.
- Provide information about on-campus mental health resources.
- Give visibility to local meetups with like-minded students to create connectedness.
Partnering with College Universities
We will partner with College Universities to promote and support the app. Our plan is to provide the app at no charge to a university, but in return, we will ask for the following commitments:
- Maintain a list of college dormitories with the assigned resident assistants.
- Require each resident assistants to download and use the app.
- Promote the app to all existing and incoming students.
- Provide information about available mental health tools and resources.
- Publish a calendar of campus events that promote mental health and suicide awareness.
To volunteer to help develop or maintain The Grace App, contact us.